> New NWDD Forum - Active
Jesse
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

NWDD Admin/Webmaster

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

Hi all,

The new forum is now officially online. I will post the link at the bottom of this email.

I'll repeat some important information here from my previous post. You MUST read the username and password sections to understand how to login to the new forum:

The script that this forum is powered by is VERY old. The site has been needing an "upgrade" for some time now. Well, it has finally happened!

So what exactly has changed?

Basically, this forum will remain as-is. It will remain here as an archive. You can still visit it, search it, view photos, etc. However, you will NOT be able to post after this forum goes into archival mode (which will not be immediately... not until users have had time to fully move over to the new one). All the same categories will exist in the new forum, but no posts from this forum will be moved over... it's far too complex to do, and really, there is no need. Once you've finished a forum topic here, subsequent topics should be started in the new forum, effective immediately.

Usernames

All users with at least 10 posts or greater, have automatically be moved into the new forum. That will include:
- Your username
- Email
- Joined date
- Number of posts
- Birthday (if listed)
- Plus some misc. internal variables.

If you recently registered or don't have 10 posts, you'll need to register at the new forum. This is to clean-up and SPAM prevention routine. The database is 8 years old, time for some cleaning! Out of the over 2,400 members, only 268 have 10 or more posts. That's some major cleaning!

Passwords

Simply use your same password. Since the password encryption methods are different in the new forum, when you login for the first time on the new forum, you'll see a red message that says,

"Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again."

That simply means that your password was updated to the latest encryption method, and that you can now login successfully!

I will personally help anyone with issues logging in to the new forum. Contact me through the contact information listed in my profile on this forum, or the new forum.

All the great new benefits of doing this

You'll quickly appreciate all the benefits of the new forum. Everything should be easier, with added functionality. It will take time for us to get it customized to everyone's liking, but we'll get there! And there is a TON of customizations available for us to do that with. And for those curious, we're using the latest version of SMF.

You may now login to the new forum, here:

Northwest Demolition Derby

thankyou.gif

--------------------
www.ivCity.com For ALL of your website needs!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
TeamLayinWood23
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

I Own This Frickin Place!

Group: Members
Member No.: 909

our normal size pics of 640x480 won't post there sad.gif says 128 size so what does that mean to me a non computer doot wink.gif

--------------------
HEY DOOT!!!!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteIntegrity Messenger IMICQAOLYahooMSN
crazyjay
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1529

The new site looks great but I had to re register

--------------------
It is only crazy if you wont do it your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster
KDDA191
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (TeamLayinWood23 @ Jan 8 2012, 09:26 AM)
our normal size pics of 640x480 won't post there sad.gif says 128 size so what does that mean to me a non computer doot wink.gif

That's some of the tweaking we have to work on. We need to know these kind of issues. Ill spend some time working on it today.

--------------------
Dan "The Wheelman" Harthorn.
Kitsap Destruction Derby Association #191
Owner www.nwdemoderby.com

facebook.com/dan.harthorn
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jesse
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

NWDD Admin/Webmaster

As Dan said, it's all stuff we can set. There are so many for features on the new forum, it will take a take a day (or more) to catch some of this stuff that we may have overlooked. So if there is anything else that isn't functioning as you'd expect, please let us know (but post on the new forum... of course biggrin.gif )

--------------------
Jesse
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

NWDD Admin/Webmaster

If there is any member who was NOT transferred over (if you didn't have at least 10 posts), and you want me to transfer you, I can. Just let me know and I'll get it done!

Thanks!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.5906 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ ]