Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

View Most Recent Posts

Author Topic: Creston, BC May 19th 2013 No Imperials  (Read 4364 times)

Hemi-Cammer

• I Own This Frickin Place!
    • View Profile
    • http://
Creston, BC May 19th 2013 No Imperials
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
So the rules are almost ready for your favourite southeastern BC derby! Some slight modifications but nothing too major from last year's rules. Should be having trucks, fullsize... and........... possibly an all Imp winner takes all heat.

There is nowhere nearby to run them around here for several hundred miles so why not give the guys a chance to smash em up. Basically, because our ring is not huge, it would be 10-12 Imperials with rules focusing on safety and allowing bumper and engine swaps but only minor building. If only 6 Imperials show up then we will open the door to other known-tough cars like suicide Lincolns & Roundbacks.. etc to fill the ring to the max number. If it goes, it'll be a pre-register heat only and have to be in by May 1st. There will be an undetermined guaranteed prize amount, and would go up with the car count.

What do you think? Would you bring one to run with our rusty birds? We need serious answers please and thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:08:18 AM by Hemi-Cammer »

Derby Bum

• View Profile
Re: Creston, BC May 19th 2013 Imps?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 06:04:11 PM »
yes!yes! and Yes!!!!!!!!

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:34:25 AM »
Cool , thats one :P

whittaker727

• I Have NO Life!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 07:16:13 PM »
I'm sure Andy would like to get rid of one of his close to home and maybe a couple of other Bonners boys.  Wade, got any extra Imps?  I'll play if I can  find a buggy.

Derby Bum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »
Yes! I do Give me a call.

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »
Well, to support the local show.... if anyone needs an Imp i have three here but i think one is now spoken for and i will work with you on the price if you bring it here or work some kinda trade. '69 4dr needs eng/trans, pass fender and bumper and '70 needs diff, eng and trans. Plus there is a guy a couple hours away who has a couple '73's but i think he's still looking for 2006 prices.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:53:04 PM by Hemi-Cammer »

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
Its a go! All Imperial heat, ten spots in total available. One heat, winner takes the prize money, rules are ready. Anyone interested PM me for info.

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
No PM's yet... here is what the derby committee came up with:

Open to ALL Imperials for a ONE heat show inbetween the fullsize car heats and truck heat.
Must have at least 5 pre-registered ($300 each) before May 1st or its a no go.
Pretty basic build rules (to follow), not just a chain and go.
Not sure yet, either a max of 10 to 15 Imps in the ring (small ring, if it was bigger we'd let in 20).
Guaranteed $1500 to the winner, only 1st place pays.
As the car count goes up, so does the prize money.. and possibly 2nd and/or 3rd place.

Imperial Heat Rules:

A.   Mandatory:

1.   Remove all trailer hitches, glass, garbage, loose objects and flammable materials (except driver seat and driver’s door protection), chrome, door handles, hubcaps, mirrors, lights, lenses, fiberglass and pot metal. Any objects than can easily bust off in smaller pieces and be flung into the crowd or other drivers’ faces.
2.   Driver’s door must have protection on the inside, like foam or even the original door panel. Bare metal will not pass.
3.   Door bars on both sides of the vehicle, mount about bumper height and between the wheel wells. A second bar may be added higher and a couple inches longer to help hold doors shut. Use C-channel or I-beam (recommended and must round off ends) or large & thick grader blades. Wimpy thin ones will not pass. Minimum SIX large bolts to hold on each door bar, grind or cut your outside bolt ends short and don’t put bolts beside your ribs. Any size washer here is OK. Bolts should go through the crash brace in door.
4.   Mud flaps to be mounted near the back wheels only, should be made of rubber or flexible plastic, no exceptions. 3 screw mud flaps can be bought at any car parts retailer for very little money and they install in 10 minutes. No reinforcing the body or frame with mud flap hanger. Also painting of offensive language is NOT allowed, this is a family show.

Page 2

5.   Minimum 3” thick steel cross bar behind the seat. Round or square tube only, no thinwall material like exhaust pipe or swingset pipe etc, mount so the ends are lined up with door bars. Can be welded or bolted to the door bars. Vertical bar from floor to roof is OK. Neither bar can be attached to the frame in any way.
6.   Gas tank must be removed and replaced with a metal or plastic one no larger than 5 gallon capacity in the back seat area. Can be a boat tank or fuel cell, homemade tanks made from propane tanks etc will need tech crew’s approval. EFI tanks/pumps must be sealed properly. Tank must be mounted securely and must be covered with a fire resistant material.
7.   Electric fuel pumps must have separate on/off switch from ignition.
8.   No modifying, welding or reinforcing the steering, suspension, body or frame whatsoever other than what is allowed in optional build rules below. No pinning, plating, stuffing or tipping ect! Suspension must flex up and down.
9.   No pinching the body (pre-crushing the body to the frame) but small hammering allowed.
10.   No engine cradles or protectors of any kind including Distributor
11.   No modifying bumper framework, skin only.
12.   Hot fluid lines inside vehicle must be covered or inside flame resistant material like fire hose or heater hose.
13.   Drivers doors can be fully seam welded shut. Hoods, trunklids and doors must be secured in place. 6 attachments (not including hinges) are allowed, in any combination of weld, heavy chain or bolt. Welds can’t be longer than 6” and must be 6” apart.
14.   Battery must be relocated securely to the front passenger floor and be covered with a fire resistant material. Max TWO-12 volt batteries per vehicle.

Page 3

15.   Must have a suitable air cleaner, and cannot extend into the passenger compartment of the car beyond the firewall.
16.   If using electric switches, they must be uniformed. Up or forward for ON, down or backward for OFF
17.   Water for coolant only, no antifreeze or other fluids.
18.   Radiator must be OEM style in original location up front, no custom made coolers, water only. You don't have to run an radiator.
19.   Must have minimum 12” hole above the middle of the engine
20.   No truck diffs.
21.   No removing rubber body mounts.
22.   No adding anything in front of the radiator.
23.   Seat belts must be worn and drivers are not to exit their vehicles when the other derby cars / trucks are still in motion. Wait until the horn blows and the heat stops. The only two exceptions are if you have a fire or are in trouble from another safety perspective
24.   Transmission coolers allowed, mount on rear seat bulkhead. Metal lines only until right at the cooler. Ice containers with cooler inside is OK
25.   Max 12 cars in this heat. First 5 pre-registered cars must be a 1958-1973 Chrysler Imperials. Once that is achieved, some Fullsize North American cars will be allowed in but must be pre-approved (Imperial sub framed cars included) and must be built to the same rules as the Imps.

B.      Mandatory Clothing:
 Coveralls (fire resistant preferred) Gloves, Full DOT helmets, Safety glasses or Goggles

C.      Notable Build rules:

1.      Bumper swaps from car to car allowed.
2.      V6 or V8 engine swaps allowed, pump gasoline only. Carburetor or EFI allowed.
3.      If running a shock bumper, shocks may be collapsed and welded with a maximum of TWO passes.
4.      Bumper maybe welded to bracket, bracket may be welded to the frame with a maximum total of 6" of weld to the passenger side frame rail and 6" of weld to the driver side frame rail. This does NOT mean 6" of weld on both sides of each frame rail.
5.      No redi-rod, no other building or reinforcing of any kind other than stated above.
6.      Max height at the bottom of your bumpers cannot exceed 20"
7.      Up to a 16" wheel is allowed with max E rated 10 ply DOT legal tires.

Just because you don't see it here does not make it legal, ask us before you do it so you aren't cutting at tech time... it already happened to half a dozen cars last year!
Email address is crestondemo@hotmail.com  if you have questions or constructive comments, or if you need the fullsize car or pickup truck rules.

wineboy1

• 0 Percent Method, 100 Percent Madness
    • View Profile
    • http://handsomedude
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »
The wife and I are planning a trip from Spokane to watch. I take it that the show is a go. Is this at the same track east of town (same as last year's venue)? What time does it start ... and any chance of available pit passes?  Any info appreciated, we had a great time last season. ;D
"I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE,
YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN'T DENY"

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:37:17 AM »
Right on! Yes same location as last year again. Starts at noon and pit passes will be available. You can call me if you need to, pretty much anytime  250-402-947one :)

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
Re: Creston, BC May 19th 2013 No Imperials
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »
Just to confirm, we did not get enough pre-registered Imperials for this show so that means NO imperials this year. It sucks, we had lots of people excited about it but not enough interest.... maybe next year.

fordpowerforever

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »
Just to confirm, we did not get enough pre-registered Imperials for this show so that means NO imperials this year. It sucks, we had lots of people excited about it but not enough interest.... maybe next year.

most people just wanna run imperials for the advantage, few wanna run them in a level playing field these days
COME TO FORKS 4TH OF JULY DEMO DERBY!

wineboy1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »
Right on! Yes same location as last year again. Starts at noon and pit passes will be available. You can call me if you need to, pretty much anytime  250-402-947one :)
Thanks - we love to see the Crashing Canadians (as long as they let us cross the border).

Carl

wineboy1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Another fun trip up to Creston ... the most scenic spot I've been to watch a smashy crashy, NICE people and a good show. #22 drove and hit hard and certainly earned the win, but my favorite (and the crowd's) was the SuperVan ... that's some serious derby spirit right there. Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you, our trip up got delayed, we missed the first heat and barely found a seat in the stands, but had a great time Thanks Canuckians  ;D ;D ;D

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
We were happy to have ya and thanks for coming up again! Rick (#22) does hit pretty hard and has taken 1st place here a couple times in the last 6 years. Russ was driving the van and the crowd definitely loved it, too bad his throttle broke and then his steering! We need to up the car count so the wait between the heats can be shortened up, that seemed to be the only complaint I have heard so far. We had a record attendance this year, including around 1000 free admitted kids (10 and under free), we sold 95% of the burgers and pop, half the hot dogs and a LOT of ice cream :)
As a result of these things.. we might even have some left over $$ to put towards some newer bleachers or...?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:46:02 PM by Hemi-Cammer »