Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

View Most Recent Posts

Author Topic: Plains Derby  (Read 2284 times)

DERBY DRUNK

• Main Event Winner
    • View Profile
Plains Derby
« on: March 07, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
Hey Montana, I have not run this derby but have seen my share and pitted a few times for my buddys. Love the show. My buddy just got the invite and rules and see that there is an 80s up show. I have an 81 Cad that i dont want to run with big cars so i thought this is a good deal. I like the build rules. Welded bumpers is always good. My problem is the engine is dead. The rules say, all engine and transmission combinationsmay be used as long as its chevy to chevy, ford to ford, ect. Must be mounted within 4 inches of original motor. Does this meen no 350 chev hooked to a  ford c6? Or no olds motor in a pontiac? I would like to install a chev m/t into my cad, but i would hate to show up and get bumped up. I have a cad m/t but its a 472. If some one could let me know bofore Labor day, (hurry) lol. Thanks guys, hope to come and play in your big arena.     

Derby Bum

• I Own This Frickin Place!
    • View Profile
Re: Plains Derby
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
That would fall under GM in GM I would think  ;)

Cowboy357

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 05:11:32 AM »
A big change is coming up for next year.  The 2014 derby will be a one class show, limited weld.  Purse will be at least $5000 and maybe more, still negotiating on the purse.  We are trying to build the show back up and are presently re-writing the rules.  Stay tuned for more information.
Cowboy up and quit crying, that s**t will buff out.

whittaker727

• I Have NO Life!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
Damn, now what am I going to do with this Imp. 

outlawink

• Rookie
  • Smash 'em!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
Jason if you wanna venture a little further into Montana, Missoula, deer lodge, and Dillon are a few shows that allow imps! Glad to hear your back in the game! ;D

whittaker727

• I Have NO Life!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »
Well hell, now I just need to find some rules and dates for Missoula or Dillon.  Thanks for the heads up.