Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

View Most Recent Posts

Author Topic: Creston, BC May 17th. Come try out a fun, relaxed small town show!  (Read 5108 times)

Hemi-Cammer

• I Own This Frickin Place!
    • View Profile
    • http://
30+ years and counting of smalltown smashing continues on May long weekend! If you are tired of the politics and BS of your usual shows, make a trip to Creston this year. We are very strict on bagging, overbuilding and team driving. We just want everyone to have fun and concentrate on sportsmanship, we don't have any big financial backing so our prize money isn't the primary focus for most of our drivers... its the fun! We have a pre-registration policy in effect for two reasons. 1. To get a batter idea of how many cars are coming ahead of time before doing all the hard work only to find out there is a lack of cars again at the last minute. 2. To save you money! $65 before April 1st or $80 after that. This includes the driver, 2 pit crew members plus a free burger/pop for the driver! If you want to bring a fullsize car AND a truck then you receive a further discount and only pay $120 for the pair instead of $130 (pre-reg) or $160 @ regular prices. Our rules are pretty simple, we allow up to a 10 ply 16" tire/rim, 2 batteries, redi-rod/allthread, some welding plus bumper/engine swaps but probably not the hardcore building you may be used to down south. Guaranteed $1500 first place, all prize money and prizes can go up based on how many entries we get and how big a crowd shows up on Derby day. PM me for more info or call/text 250-402-9471

Creston is only 5 miles over the border, 35 miles north of Bonners Ferry, Idaho

fordpowerforever

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Creston, BC May 17th. Come try out a fun, relaxed small town show!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:40 PM »
Not to be negative but thats twice the normal entry and you say money isnt the primary focus, $1500 isnt bad, but is there a real need for that kind of sign up fee?
COME TO FORKS 4TH OF JULY DEMO DERBY!

DEAFBOB

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »
Like he says, no real sponsors for the derby...

fordpowerforever

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »
Like he says, no real sponsors for the derby...

i guess, maybe need to raise the spectators fee a dollar to get the money that way.

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05:35 PM »
$65 is twice the normal entry fee?? I don't know about south of the border but on this side our entry fee is the lowest price for 600 miles in all three other directions (that I am aware of)! That price (plus what it includes) is probably one of the things we get the most positive feedback on, as well as kids under 10yrs old get in free. Paying our bills and handing out prize money is 99% paid for by the crowd, that is why we can offer such a "good deal" on the entry fees. We wish we had more sponsor backing but as hard as we've tried to get some, it's never happened so we have to make do with a skeleton crew of volunteers and whatever cash we are lucky enough to get while we pray for good weather.

For example, 2 hours east is the next closest show in Fernie, BC. They want $100 pre-registration by the last Friday, $150 on Saturday or $250! the morning of their show on Sunday in September. That just gets your car in, you also have to pay $10 for driver and $10 for each pit crew member and no included food/drink... which could mean about $300 just to get your car and crew in the door plus a little food and their first place is $2000 as of one or two years ago (used to be $1500). Our gate fee for spectators is already what we consider to be high at $10 per person 10yrs old and up.

What are the entry fees like where you run??

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:22:38 PM by Hemi-Cammer »

demo169

• Main Event Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:24:49 PM »
In Montana most entry fee is between $35- $65. Lewistown is $50.

Daniel L Carlson

fordpowerforever

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »
Wow, i apologize i guess were spoiled in WA, usually around 35 ish, for car and driver, i do applaud you for your low prices then, the other places are crazy if it would cost up to $200 bucks to get me, my car, and my old lady in to the derby with a bite to eat.

DEAFBOB

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »
NWSports used to charge 30-35 car/driver then 15-20 per pit pass.
 Canby is very reasonable, I forget how much..

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:31:53 PM »
Interesting, thanks for the replies! To be totally honest, if I could get my hands on the bleachers that I have been trying to buy to replace the crappy ones on the north side... and if I could fill those bleachers (which I think would happen), then I'd refund every entry fee that morning. Builders put a lot of effort into the cars/trucks and if we could afford it then we wouldn't even charge an entry fee... one day perhaps :)

DEAFBOB

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Hemi,
You are doing what you can with what you got!
You can do only that.
Canby lets cars and drivers in free, they put on the show,
I know I pay for my pit pass, (or the kid does)
Canby is a big arena for rodeos and the stands are on 3/4 of the arena..
Yes! Getting paying fans to fill the stands helps alot!
Keep up the good work!
I enjoy hearing how you boys up north do it!

fordpowerforever

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »
Bleachers are ridiculous! we had to buy all new ones a couple years ago since our old ones didnt have railings and were too old to add them... $35,000 later we got new bleachers and they were very nice ones that have the axles under them, but for 5k a set you would think there should be something more!

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
We got very lucky when we bought our big bleachers from the people who used to host the local show many years ago. They made it very affordable and we couldn't have had a show if not for them. Here is a picture of them how they look ok derby day! Our show is literally a rented spot in a guys field beside the highway... its awesome lol

show stopper 14

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
Nice legs

Derby Bum

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 05:06:41 PM »
Thanks! I shaved the winter wool off before I went and watched.

Hemi-Cammer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 11:42:25 PM »
12 cars already pre-registered and sounds like quite a few more want to come. I'm pretty excited already!